Collateral exhibition 19th Edition
by Alessandro Malinverni, Alberto Nodolini and Carlo Mambriani
At the Accademia di Belle Arti of Parma – founded in 1752 by Borbone and restored just 200 years ago (1816) by the duchess Maria Luigia d’Asburgo after the Napoleonic period – a skillful figure, decoration, and scene design school established itself, whose main exponents intensively collaborated to the theatre life of the town. In the Nuovo Teatro (nowadays Regio) – built by the Duchess and opened in 1829 – a vast group of academic artists has engaged in designing curtains and backdrops for decades. It is shown by this succinct, yet emblematic exhibition focused on a series of sketches for nineteenth-century curtains set in the magnificent acoustic chamber provided by the Regio – a sumptuous, yet elegant taste carried to extremes, which was typical of the school set by Girolamo Magnani in the mid-nineteenth century. As part of the year dedicated to the celebration of the two hundred years since Maria Luigia’s arrival in Parma sponsored by the Municipality of Parma, the town celebrates the female figure who – not only at the local level – has made her presence truly indelible and unmistakable. The collateral exhibition will investigate the profile not only of a famous female figure but first and foremost the aspect of a town and its artistic and cultural development with an artistic approach where the bond with Teatro Regio and its history cannot but stand out. Fiere di Parma responds to this celebration by collaborating to this important collateral exhibition, with prestigious works on display, and a critical survey of absolute prominence.
A collateral exhibition at Mercanteinfiera Primavera 2016 – Booth 4